AVI files are the most popular media files that can be played on different multimedia players that include Windows Media Player, VLC, QuickTime player, etc. on both Windows and Mac OS. On some occasion, you might come across certain error messages when you try to play AVI files. Some of the common error messages are as follows: “Cannot open the file .avi because it is not a valid AVI file”, “Not able to play back the file. The format is not supported. Error= 80040265”, “ AVI File is broken. Seeking will not work correctly. Want to try to repair it”,”The source filter for this file could not be loaded. Error= 80040241”, “Windows Media Player cannot play the file”, “AVI: Index not found or damaged – reconstructing via file scan”, “One or more codecs required to open this content could not be found. Error= C00D10D1”, etc.
AVI file error fix can be done only if you make use of relevant third party tool named as SFWare repair AVI file utility. This program works in such a manner that your original file remains intact. This program adopts read only mechanism, where it extracts the contents from the original file and then fixes AVI file error by creating a new AVI file. Other than fixing AVI file error, you can employ this program to repair fix other corrupt video files such as DIVX and XVID.
Easy steps to be followed for AVI file error fix operation using SFWare repair AVI file program:
- Download and install SFWare Repair AVI File software in your computer.
- Launch the software and choose the corrupt AVI file.
- Quick scanning and repairing process gets executed.
- Then click “Preview” option to view the repaired file.
- If you want to save the repaired AVI file to purchase licensed version.
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) & Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Windows: Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server or Windows 2008 Server
- Memory: 1 GB RAM and more
- Free Disk Space: 50 MB for Installation
- System Type: Only 64 bit OS
Innovative features of SFWare repair AVI file toolkit:
- Strong ability to repair audio and video data stream side by side.
- Repaired AVI files can be played both in Mac OS and Window OS.
- Supports devices such as memory drives, external hard drives, USB drives, hard drives and others.
- Hassle free AVI file error fix and also fix audio and video data stream side by side and then adjoins to form healthy AVI file.
Factors responsible for AVI file error:
- If you try to convert AVI files to any other file format by opting unreliable applications and also any sort of interruptions during the conversion operation of the AVI file can cause file corruption and results in occurrence of AVI file error.
- Downloading AVI video files which are damaged beforehand can make that file inaccessible or corrupt.
- Inappropriate method of transferring or storing the AVI video files can definitely cause damage with those video files.
- Power related problems like power outages or improper system shutdowns while accessing AVI files can corrupt these files and throw error messages.
- Errors might also some as an outcome of modifying, enhancing or resizing the AVI video files wrongly using untrusted third party tools causing the AVI files to display error notes.
It is possible for AVI file error fix if you make use of SFWare repair AVI file toolkit. This program is considered as the most effective tool that helps to repair AVI file error in few clicks.