“Hello Everyone!! Yesterday I tried to play MOV files in a Media Player. Later I came to know that due to incompatible media player the MOV files present in the system got corrupted. Now I am unable to play the video files. I have not maintained any backup of corrupted files in my system. Can anyone tell me how to repair MOV files? Is there any tool available in repairing corrupted MOV files? “
MOV file format is widely used across the websites for picture, video quality etc. MOV file compression format was developed by Apple Corporation. It is compatible to all the latest versions of Windows and Macintosh Operating System. Multiple tracks are present in MOV file to store data such as audio, video, text, special effects etc. Despite having all the features users may face corruption of files. There are several factors which cause the corruption of MOV files.
Some of the common scenarios that cause the corruption of MOV files are discussed below:
MOV File Conversion – When you are trying to convert MOV files into other formats to play video in Media Player. We use third party utility tool for MOV file conversion and sometimes that results in corruption of MOV files
Unwanted Interruption – While transferring files from camera or camcorder to system, if there are any interruptions like removal of cable from system, power failure etc. then it may cause corruption of the Mov files due to incomplete read process
External Threats – Header file may get corrupted due to severe virus attack or malware attack. This may cause MOV file corruption that leads to unplayable MOV file.
Other Scenarios – Some of the other scenarios that cause the corruption of MOV files are third party editing tools, memory card corruption, playing MOV file in incompatible media player, abrupt system shutdown, power loss etc
Why SFWare Repair MOV File?
SFWare Repair MOV file is used to extract the video and audio frames separately from a damaged MOV file and later attach them together to generate a healthy MOV file. This tool is used to repair MOV file on different storage devices like camera, camcorder, etc. which are detected on Windows OS. This MOV file repair software is designed in such a way that it can be used even by non-technical users. Our software is malware free; we scan each and every file before bundling into a complete package.
Unique features of SFWare Repair MOV File:
- Repair MOV file which are corrupted or truncated severely
- Supports fixing MOV and MP4 files which are larger in size
- Easily fix MOV file which are corrupted due to camera faulty firmware
- Mend MOV file which are unplayable or partially playable
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac Operating System
Supported Codecs –
Below mentioned video codecs are supported by SFWare Repair MOV file
Audio – sowt, RAW, mp4a
Video – avc1, mp4v, mjpeg
- Download and install the trial version of SFWare Repair MOV File.
- Once the file has been selected, select the option “Repair”.
- SFWare Repair MOV file will start analyzing the corrupt file and if the process is successful, you will able to get the next Window displaying an option to preview the repaired file.
- “Preview” option is available to preview the repaired file.
- You have to purchase the licensed version of our software in order to save repaired MOV File.
Tips and Tricks –
- Avoid using any third party Application tool to edit MOV/MP4 files.
- Install and scan your system with antivirus software to prevent from harmful viruses.
- Avoid using Memory card of camera or camcorder on different systems to prevent from corruption issues.